Getting a Tourist Visa
Tourists visiting Nepal are eligible for getting Tourist Visa On arrival at the Airport of Entry. However, nationals of following countries are required to acquire Visa prior their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government.
- Refugees with travel document
Please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the airport if you have not acquired Visa prior to boarding the plane.
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form (you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting Immigration Office’s official website Department of Immigration/ fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
While you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
- 15 Days – USD 30
- 30 Days – USD 50
- 90 Days – USD 125
Visa Extension Fee
- Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years except US citizens
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals for 150 days
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Non tourist visa extension can be done only at Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of maximum one year (except business visa).
Note: Visa fees and Visa Regulations are subject to Change. Please follow the Government of Nepal, Department of Immigration for official information on Visa Regulations and fees.